Customs declarations and formalities
Registered Customs Representative
Customs service that accompanies you
Since the implementation of Brexit, we have been acting as RDE at the "Calais TruckStop" parking lot in the Transmarck area in Marck-en-Calaisis.
The Customs service of our company is at the heart of our activity. It allows us to carry out declarations for the Consignment service, and works closely with the Clerk service as well as the Customs Formalities service.
Customs Declarations & Customs Formalities Assistance
We are registered and approved as RDE. Based on mandates entrusted to them, our customs declarants carry out customs formalities (customs declaration) on behalf of and in the name of the principals (exporter, importer, forwarder).
Export customs formalities
ASA is able to carry out export formalities for a wide range of goods, live animals, food products, vehicles, equipment, materials...
In the field of international transport, export customs formalities are the administrative procedures required by customs authorities to allow the export of goods from a country or economic zone. These formalities are necessary to regulate international trade and comply with various economic, environmental, and societal aspects, etc.
How do our customs declarants carry out export customs formalities?
In general, export customs formalities include the following 5 steps:
- Export declaration: This step involves submitting the necessary documentation to obtain an export authorization, which varies depending on the type of goods and the destination.
- Goods valuation: Customs authorities assess the value of the goods to determine the amount of duties and taxes to be paid.
- Goods inspection: The goods are inspected to ensure compliance with applicable health, environmental, and safety standards.
- Payment of duties and taxes: Duties and taxes are paid before the goods are allowed to leave the country.
- Export authorization: Once all formalities have been completed, customs authorities issue an export authorization.
Import customs formalities
We are also able to provide you with import formalities for a wide range of goods such as live animals, vehicles, various materials, plants, etc.
Import customs formalities in international goods transport are the administrative procedures required by customs authorities to allow the entry of goods into a country or economic zone. These formalities are necessary to ensure safety, public health, environmental protection, collection of duties and taxes, and regulation of international trade.
How do our customs declarants carry out import customs formalities?
Similar to the export process, there are generally 5 steps to follow:
- Import declaration: The necessary documentation is submitted to obtain an import authorization from the customs authorities.
- Goods valuation: The value of the goods is assessed to determine the amount of duties and taxes to be paid.
- Goods inspection: Inspection of the goods is conducted to ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Payment of duties and taxes: Duties and taxes are paid before the goods are released for entry into the country.
- Release of goods: Once all formalities have been completed, the customs authorities authorize the release of the goods for entry into the country.
All your customs formalities!
Each type of merchandise requires diligent procedures as each product has a different customs nomenclature that requires extensive expertise, as well as tariff classification and applicable regulations.
We can also assist our clients with moving services, allowing them to benefit from VAT exemptions.
Drafting a customs declaration involves gathering various information from transport documents. Clients (order givers, exporters, importers) provide all the necessary documents (commercial invoice, packing list, etc.) to justify the origin, calculate transportation costs, and provide EORI references. These documents are then processed using the AKANEA system, certified by the Customs Authorities.
ASA has a perfect understanding of the SI Brexit System, which allows the authorities to manage formalities (smart border flyer).
Services & Benefits
Each request for customs documents requires expertise and increased vigilance, which our teams strive for on a daily basis. Your documents are prepared quickly, ensuring essential security for efficient transit.
Fees for formalities
|Direct payment at the time of declaration: The declarant can pay the duties and taxes at the time of declaration, before the goods are authorized to enter or leave the country.||VAT is self-assessed using the VAT number of the importing company.|
It is important to note that the payment of duties and taxes can have a significant impact on the total cost of international transport operations. Therefore, it is crucial to understand local regulations regarding duties and taxes, work closely with customs authorities, and optimize customs formalities management to minimize costs and delays. Customs transit companies can assist in managing these complex procedures by providing advice and professional assistance.
Located at the Calais Truck Stop parking lot in the Transmarck area near the A16 motorway, we operate 7/7 with extended hours: from 7 am to 9 pm from Monday to Friday and from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We also have an on-call system to respond to all your requests outside our opening hours.
On the parking lot:
During the preparation of their customs documents, truck drivers have access to a rest area with various amenities such as Wi-Fi access, sanitary facilities, dining options, and security.
A team that awaits you!
Our team of customs declarants consists of 6 customs declarants who ensure speed and responsiveness, allowing you to optimize your transportation. We understand that your time is precious during your visit, which is why we make every effort to meet your needs.
Where to find and contact us?
A team of professionals present on the Côte d'Opale coast is at your disposal at the Port of Calais (O3 car park), at the Tunnel as well as at the Calais Truck Stop car park.